Thursday, February 10, 2011

MIE Internship at YMCA Wang

I have begun my MIE Internship at the New England Conservatory and will be teaching classical guitar at the YMCA in Chinatown in Boston, MA. The main focus of my internship is to better myself as an educator through scholarship. Everything that I have done in teaching before I will try to make improvements upon by implementing some of the suggestions my colleagues have published about children's education, video recording classes and examining student progress based on a strict set of goals. I will also conduct research as to how "Guitar Music for Children and Beginners" works in a classroom setting and see exactly what areas of musical aptitude a child makes improvements in. The research from this internship will be used to benefit the concepts brought up in "Guitar Music for Children and Beginners". I hope that you will follow this blog through my internship for Spring 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment